Effective date: March 01, 2019
IP Braai (Pty) Ltd (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates ipbraai.co.za (“the Site”). This Privacy Notice informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, disclosure and protection of personal data as well as the choices you have associated with that data. The Privacy Notice applies to the Site and to any applications, sevices or tools (collectively “the Service”) where this Privacy Notice is referenced
“Personal information” is information that can be associated with a specific person that could be used to identify that specific person, either from the data directly or from that data combined with other information that we have access to or are likely to have access to. Personal information does not include anonymous or aggregated information that can no longer be used to identify a specific person.
“Public information” is any information, including personal information, you share with a public audience, including personal information you publish on the Site and/or within the Service. Public information is available to anyone on or off the Service and can be seen or accessed through online search engines, APIs, and offline media.
“Usage Data” is the information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device.
“Cookies” are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device to collect and track information and to analyze and improve our Service.
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
We collect information you provide us:
- When you register for an account: Such as your email address or user ID (where applicable), first name and last name, addresses and telephone numbers.
- When we authenticate you or your account: We may collect and process information (as permitted by law) to verify the information that you provided to us.
- When you interact with your account: Such as creating or updating your profile and adding items to alerts lists. You may also give us personal or business information such as your age, gender, interests, favourites, type and field of business. If you upload images to the Site, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the Site can download and extract any location data from images on the Site.
- When you transact on our Services: Such as when you post a comment or reply to a comment. We may also collect your financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) and other transaction-based content if you buy a product or sign up for a membership level or are required to pay fees to us.
- When you engage with our community: Such as when you participate in the review process, in community discussions or chats or when you submit a web form. When visitors leave comments on the Site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- When you contact us: Such as through a web form, email, chat or when we otherwise communicate with each other. We may also record our calls with you (if we have your consent to do so).
We collect information automatically:
- Information from the devices you use when interacting with us or our Service: Such as your browser type, browser version, unique device identifiers, ID for advertising, unique device token and other diagnostic data.
- Device and connection information: Such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the Site, referral URL, ad data, your devicer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browsing history and your web log information
- When you access the Service by or through a mobile device: Such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We collect information using cookies, web beacons and similar technologies:
- To track the activity on our Service: Such as information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on our Service, or within our advertising or email content.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Cookies types we use:
- Session Cookies used to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies used to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies used for security purposes.
Examples of cookies in action:
- If you leave a comment on the Site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to the Site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
We collect information from other sources:
- Information other users provide about you: Such as comments, reply comments or users requesting services for you or on your behalf. If another user gives us information about you, when requesting services for you or on your behalf, they must tell you about our information collection, use, disclose and retention policies before giving us the information. They must also get your explicit consent before giving us your information.
- Information we get from third parties: Such as publicly available demographic information, publicly available contact information, as allowed by applicable national laws.
- Information from social media sites: When you use those sites to register, share information or connect to your account. Those sites may automatically give us access to some personal information they hold about you (e.g., content you viewed, content you liked, and information about the advertisements you were shown or clicked on, etc.). If you give us access to any account with video content, we may share your video viewing with, or collect information about your video viewing from, third-party social media sites for at least two years or until you withdraw consent. You control the personal information we have access to through your privacy settings on the social media site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access. When you grant us access to information held by social media sites you agree that we may collect, use and retain it in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Use and Retention of Data
We use your personal information to provide, improve and personalise our Service
Your personal information allows us to:
- Provide you with access to and use of our Service as well as access to your internal messages, activity history and other features we provide.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information.
- Provide you with personalised content)
- Provide analysis or valuable information so that we can maintain, measure and improve our Service.
- Detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To monitor the usage of the Service
We use your personal information to contact you
We may contact you via internal messaging, email, telephone, text messages or postal mail :
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To provide customer care and support for your account such as to troubleshoot problems.
- To offer you discounts and special promotions and to let you know about our Services.
- To collect fees or monies owed to us.
- To get your opinion through surveys.
We use your personal information to personalise the user experience, in order to:
- Offer you site content including items and services you may have preference towards.
- Personalise, measure and improve our advertising.
- Deliver targeted marketing, Service updates and promotional offers.
We use your personal information for legal compliance reasons, in order to:
- Prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
Retention of personal information:
If you register on the Site, we also store your personal information provided in your user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside South Africa and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to South Africa and process it there.
Choice of Communication channels
If you don’t want to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe via the link in the marketing email you received. Registered users may also update their communication preferences options in their profiles.
Access to Personal Information
You can see, review and change your personal information by signing in to your account. Please keep your personal information updated and accurate at all times.
You may not be able to change or remove a public posting. If you request us to and based on your account activity and as required under applicable national laws, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible.
We will honour your right to request access to, or modification or deletion of, your personal information. However, we may have the right to withhold that access or refuse to modify or delete your personal information under applicable national laws. In such case we will provide reasons if we do so.
To contact us about access and to find out if any fees apply, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Disclosure Of Data
Third-party Service Providers and Financial Institution Partners
We may disclose your information to third-party service providers and financial institution partners, who may use it to:
- Assist us in providing our Service, payment processing services and customised advertising.
- Assist us with bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs,and other business operations
- Assist us with checking visitor comments via automated spam detection
We may disclose your Personal information to law enforcement, government agencies or authorised third-parties:
- In response to a verified request regarding a criminal investigation, alleged or suspected illegal activity, or any other activity that may expose us, you or any of our users to legal risk or in the good faith belief that disclosure is necessary for the assessment or collection of tax or duty, prevention or detection of crime or the capture or prosecution of offenders.
- If we deem it necessary to disclose said information in connection with an investigation of fraud, piracy, Intellectual Property infringement or other unlawful activity.
We may disclose your Personal information to:
- Credit bureaus or agencies as authorised by applicable national laws.
- Third parties involved in a legal proceeding if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or similar legal document.
Change of Ownership
If IP Braai (Pty) Ltd were to merge with or be bought by another company, we may share information with said company in accordance with our global privacy standards. However, the new combined entity would comply with this Privacy Notice. You will receive prior notice of any changes to the processing of your personal information should your personal information be collected, used, retained or disclosed for any purposes not covered in this Privacy Notice.
Security Of Data
The security of your data is of utmost importance to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we use commercially acceptable technical and administrative security measures to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you believe your account security has been compromised, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may use social login or regular sign in each time you login into your account with us:
- If you sign into your social network account using the same email address previously used to register with us, you will access your existing account with us.
- If you sign into your social network account using an email address that we don’t recognise, a new account will be created for you whithin our Service.
- If you use regular sign in but your account does not have a password (because you registered through social login) you should follow the password reset process to assign a password
When using social login, the “keep me signed in” policies of the social network provider apply. We do not control those policies and recommend the following for your safety:
- When accessing our Service using a public or shared device, don’t use social login.
- Learn about your social network provider’s sign in policies and your sign in options by visiting their site.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on the Site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Unwanted or Threatening Emails
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service:
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We may use third-party Service Providers for targeted marketing of our Service:
Facebook Custom Audiences is a an online marketing service used to deliver advertisements to Site visitors on Facebook based on their email addresses. Information associated with a user’s social media accounts, such as demographic and other information about an individual’s title, industry or organization, may also be used to improve marking efforts if that individual connects those social media accounts to his/her profile.
For more information about Facebook Custom Audiences please visit: https://www.facebook.com/help/381385302004628/.
- By email: email@example.com
- By visiting the Contact Page on our website